As part of the Steamworks onboarding process, you will be required to complete the following steps:
- Provide information about your organization.
- Electronically sign the Non Disclosure Agreement and the PC Café Agreement. The NDA is required to access the Steamworks partner portal.
When entering your company information, you must follow these guidelines:
- Enter your legal first and last name. Do not enter an alias or nickname.
- The Company Legal Name must be the legal entity that will be signing the PC Café Agreement.
- The company name you enter must match the name as written on official documents with your bank and on United States IRS tax documents or foreign tax documents, if applicable.
- You should not enter a Doing Business As ("DBA") or "friendly name" or alias/nickname for your company name.
You will need to provide both the legal company name and company form to onboard to Steamworks. An example of a Company Form is "A Quebec limited liability partnership" or "A Washington State corporation" or "A Sole Proprietorship". If you own the organization as an individual, indicate "Sole Proprietorship" and enter your legal first and last name as the Company Name. Do not enter a "Doing Business As" (d/b/a) or "friendly name."
Note: While we can work with non-US corporations and non-US sole proprietorships, we are unable to work with partnerships that exist outside the US, if such a partnership is taxed at the individual partner(s) versus the partnership level.
In order to sign up for the PC Café Program, you will need to have either a new Steam account or an account that has not purchased or activated any Steam products. This is the account that you will use for signing digital paperwork and for configuring and managing your site(s). This will be referred to as your Master Account. Please note that once the account was turned into a Café account, it will no longer be able to purchase any regular end user games and can only be used as a commercial account to manage your location(s) and have the option to purchase commercial game licenses.
To create a new Steam account, please visit the Steam website
- To get started with the digital paperwork, please visit the Steamworks partner front page and sign in with the empty Steam account (Master Account) that you intend to use for signing the paperwork.
- Select the PC Café Program sign up button to start the registration process.
- Follow the instructions and provide your company information, agree to the Valve Non Disclosure Agreement, and sign the Steam PC Café Agreement.
Once done, navigate to the "Getting Started
" page on the left for the next steps.