When you make major updates to your application, add new content, release new DLC, or ship new features, is a great time to remind new and existing customers about your product. We've built a feature for doing exactly that.
With Update Visibility Rounds, we've dedicated space on the front page of the Steam store to highlighting products where the developer has a major update they would like to tell customers about. These appear to customers that have your game in their library or on their wishlist.
You can use these rounds regardless of whether your product is in Early Access or fully released.NOTICE: Update visibility rounds will typically not show up during major seasonal sale events such as the Steam Summer Sale, due to storefront display changes during the sale events.
How Update Rounds Work
- When you have a major update that you'd like to communicate to customers, simply click the 'Start Update Round' button on your applications' Marketing admin page.
- You will be prompted to enter a short description and select a recent community announcement where customers will be able to learn more about your update. Note that the recent community announcement needs to have been posted within the last 30 days.
- When you get everything entered in, you're ready to start.
- Your product will be added to a pool of titles that are opted in, and randomly selected to appear each time a customer views the home page until your visibility round ends.
- Each visibility round will appear on the front page of Steam for up to 30 days. The number of impressions and clicks will depend on how many customers your game has and how many users have your game on their wishlist.
How To Start An Update Round
You can start an update visibility round once your initial launch visibility has concluded. To start a round:
- Select your product from your Steamworks home page to go to that product's landing page
- On the product landing page in Steamworks, click "Marketing & Visibility"
- There, you will see a section for "Product Update Visibility Rounds" where you can start an update round
Five Rounds to Start
Each product will start with five rounds that can be used for this visibility. These five rounds are shared between Early Access and full release, so if you use them all during Early Access, you won't have any available for major updates after your product has fully launched.
Additional rounds may be granted to products that are selling well.
Runs for up to 30 days
A visibility round can run for up to 30 days from the date it started or cap out at 1M impressions on the homepage, whichever comes first.
If you start your round before or during one of the big seasonal sales (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter) your game will not have Update Round visibility during those days because the front page will be dedicated to the seasonal sale and won't have the regular update section, but those days are still counted toward the 30-day span of the round.