Steam Stealth Fest
celebrates the spirit of sneaking and quietly achieving your objective without being detected with discounts and demos on current and upcoming stealth games of all kinds.
This event runs July 24 at 10:00 AM PDT (UTC-7) to July 31 at 10:00 AM PDT (UTC-7) and will include discounting, as well as sections for unreleased games and games with demos.
For general information about Steam themed sale events, including details on the selection and invitation process, ways to participate (discounts, demos, and upcoming releases), event visibility and promotion, in-event game visibility, and marketing materials permissions, please visit the Steam Themed Sale Events
parent documentation page.
Table of Contents
- June 12 - If additional opt-in has been requested by Valve: deadline to register for the event, opt-in to marketing materials permissions, enter a discount, and ensure you have at least one trailer set to public.
- July 20 - Trailer announcing the event launches, at which point you're welcome to share your participation in the event. Please see the asset kit below.
- July 24, 10am PDT - Event start; deadline to register for the event and enter a discount if you would like to participate with one, or opt out if you registered and your plans have changed.
Released games, unreleased games, demos, and free to play games are all welcome to participate (assuming the below eligibility criteria are met). Playtests are not currently included in Steam themed sale events.
This event highlights games designed with sneaking in mind. For some games, achieving your objective without being detected is the only way to succeed, while others offer it as just one of the ways to play.
Participating games must have stealth as the primary game mechanic and typically feature additional mechanics and/or elements including:
- A reported 'stat' related to sneaking or stealth
- Positioning your character(s) behind the enemy or object or out of line of sight
Examples of games that may not include stealth (as described above) as the primary game mechanic and thus may not be eligible include games in which:
- Sneaking is only available for a subset of missions within the game
- Sneaking is not a primary way to play the game (e.g. PUBG)
- The only gameplay option is to hide from enemies (without an option to engage enemies)
- Avoiding enemies is prioritized over sneaking up close to enemies
Check your list of eligible games here: https://partner.steamgames.com/optin/sale/stealth_2023
Download the below kit of images and templates to use on your own social media channels when telling your fans about your participation in this event. These assets are designed to work well on various platforms and you're welcome to use them to let players know you'll be participating, which you may do after the official event trailer announcing the event launches (typically four days prior to event start; please reference Important Dates
Download here: COMING SOON
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ. I haven't received an email invitation and have a game I believe fits the eligibility criteria described above. How can I confirm whether my game has been invited and request an invitation if it has not been invited?
A. If you haven't received an email invitation and believe you have a game that fits the eligibility criteria described above, please check:
If your game is not found via the paths above and you believe it meets the eligibility criteria, please contact us here
If your game was found via the paths above but you didn't receive an email, please check your Steamworks communication preferences (instructions available in the Steam Themed Sale Events
parent documentation page). Q. Do I need to register my game before entering a discount?
A. Yes, you need to do the following things in order:
Q. Will there be livestreaming as part of this event?
- Follow the link in the invitation email, or click this link to see your eligible games and register each: https://partner.steamgames.com/optin/sale/stealth_2023
- Once a game is registered, you can then enter discounts on the Discount Management page: https://partner.steamgames.com/promotion/discounts/dashboard/
A. Livestreaming will not be featured on the sale page, but you're welcome to livestream on your own game's store page as you wish.Q. I've changed my plans. How do I cancel my registration?
A. Just return to the registration page for your game by inserting your appID at the end of this URL https://partner.steamgames.com/optin/sale/stealth_2023/<appid>
and deselect the checkbox at the very bottom of the page to remove your game from the event.
For general information about Steam themed sale events and FAQs, please visit the Steam Themed Sale Events
parent documentation page.
Need Help?Contact us here
if you have questions regarding this event.