The Steam Game Festival returns on June 16th, 2021! The Steam Game Festival is a multi-day celebration where fans can try out demos, chat with developers, watch live streams, and learn about upcoming games on Steam. For developers, the Steam Game Festival is an opportunity to get early feedback from players and build an audience for a future launch on Steam.
Wednesday, June 16th, 2021 @ 10AM PDTEnds:
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021 @ 10AM PDT
Registration must be received by Wednesday April 14th, 2021 at 10AM PDT in order to be considered for featuring.
The 2021 Steam Game Festival: Summer Edition is open to any upcoming game on Steam that meets the following criteria:
- Have a Steamworks developer account in good standing
- Have a game you plan to release on Steam after the event and before January, 2022. If your game is releasing after that date, you may register for a future event.
- The game needs to set up and release a playable demo for the duration of the Steam Game Festival. You may choose to retire the demo after the festival concludes or leave the demo available
- Have not participated with the same game in either the Winter 2021 (Feb. 3rd to Feb. 9th, 2021) or Autumn 2020 (Oct. 7th to Oct. 13th, 2020) Steam Game Festivals.
To register your game, complete the following steps for each game you plan to submit.Complete by April 14th, 2021
Complete prior to festival start date
- Visit this URL to see all your games that qualify: https://partner.steamgames.com/optin/sale/game_festival_summer2021 (note if your Steam account is a member of multiple Steamworks Partners, you may need to switch Partners at the very top of the Steamworks page to see the appropriate games)
- Complete the Registration Checklist for each game you wish to participate. Note that you will be registering your base game for the festival.
- Set up and publish the Coming Soon store page for your base game. This is the page where your demo button will appear and where players will learn about your game. You will need to have a Coming Soon page set up and publicly visible in order to complete the registration.
During the Festival
- Upload and configure your demo on Steam. Remember to submit your demo store page and build at least 3-5 business days ahead of the start of the festival to allow enough time to be reviewed.
Release your demo. You can release your demo at any time once it has been reviewed and approved. We encourage you to release your demo a little before the festival starts to make sure it's working properly and you have enough time to troubleshoot any issues before the festival begins.
- If you plan on streaming, test that you can do a live stream of your game. Here are the steps for streaming a Demo on Steam: Broadcasting a Game Demo to the Steam Store.
- Tell your fans that you'll be participating in the festival!
- Release your demo if you haven't already
- Promote on social media
- Check your Community Hub and other social channels for feedback on your demo
During the festival, we encourage you to schedule streaming or other events to interact with the Steam community and show off your demo. During the Steam Game Festival, you'll be able to schedule up to two live stream events which will appear on a calendar for players to browse.
For more information, refer to the Registration page
and the Events documentation
Asset KitCheck back here for artwork.
ContactIf you've still got questions, please reach out to us through the Developer Support tool and someone from the Steam team will get back to you: https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithPublishing?issueid=927
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Are Early Access games eligible to participate in the Steam Game Festival?
A: Only games that have not released a playable build yet are eligible. If your game is already released and available in Steam Early Access by the start of the festival, then your game is not eligible to participate in the Steam Game Festival.Q: Do I need to have my game and store page reviewed in order to register?
A: Yes, your base game's store page must be publicly visible in order to complete registration. The Valve curation team looks at each store page, including any screenshots, trailers, and description in order to determine which games we will be highlighting during the festival. Q. I've changed my plans. How do I cancel my registration?
A. Just return to the registration page for your game by inserting your appID at the end of this URL https://partner.steamgames.com/optin/sale/game_festival_summer2021/<appid>
and deselect the checkbox at the very bottom of the page to remove your game from the festival.