Remote Play Together Event, March 2021
Coming soon to Steam, games with local co-op / split-screen and Remote Play Together
functionality can be shared with friends and family with the click of a link - no Steam account required! In celebration of the new capability, we are hosting a festival of streaming events and discounts.
Thursday, March 25th, 2021 @ 10AM PDTEnds:
Monday, March 29th, 2021 @ 10AM PDT
Registration must be received by Thursday March 4th, 2021 at 10AM PST in order to be considered for featuring.
The 2021 Steam Remote Play Together Sale & Streaming Event is open to any game on Steam which:
- features support for Remote Play Together via local multiplayer support
- has released and is available for purchase on Steam
- is associated with a Steamworks developer account in good standing
Registration ProcessTo register your game, complete the following steps for each game you plan to include in the event.
Complete by March 4th
- Visit this URL to see all your games that qualify: https://partner.steamgames.com/optin/sale/remoteplaytogether (note if your Steam account is a member of multiple Steamworks Partners, you may need to switch Partners at the very top of the Steamworks page to see the appropriate games)
- Complete the Registration Checklist for each game you wish to participate. Note that you will be registering your base game for the event.
Complete by March 25th
- If you plan on streaming, test that you can do a live stream of your game. Here are the steps for streaming on Steam: Broadcasting a Game Demo to the Steam Store.
- Tell your fans that you'll be participating in the festival!
During the event
- Promote your discount and streaming events on social media.
Check below for assets in the coming weeks!
EventsDuring the event, we encourage you to schedule streaming or other events to interact with the Steam community and show off your game. You'll be able to schedule up to two live stream events which will appear on a calendar for players to browse during the event.
For more information, refer to the Registration page and the Events documentation
Asset KitDownload an image template to share on your own social media here:
Use the Motiva Sans font to perfectly match the template.
ContactIf you've got questions, please reach out to us through the Developer Support tool and someone from the Steam team will get back to you: https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithPublishing?issueid=927
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I determine whether my game supports Remote Play Together, and is therefore eligible to participate?
A: If your game offers support for local multiplayer game play, you can enable Remote Play Together on Steam. Read on for info on how that's done.
Q: My game offers local multiplayer support. Does it also support Remote Play Together?
A: To be sure your game offers support for Remote Play Together,
- Visit your Store Page Admin
- Navigate to the Basic Info tab
- Scroll to the Supported Features section
- Select the Remote Play Together checkbox
Q: Can you tell me more about the new link invitation functionality?
A: Now players can create a link in the Steam Overlay that serves as an invitation to their gameplay session in any title with support for Remote Play Together. The recipient can join via Steam or the Steam Link application on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, or Android. No Steam account is required. If Steam is not detected on the recipient's device, Steam Link can be quickly installed and launched to join the session. All that's needed is a URL from the host.
Q: Do I need to do anything to support the new Remote Play Together invite link functionality?
A: No, it will just work.
Q: How can I test link invitations?
A: Update to the latest Steam Client version, launch your game, and open the Steam Overlay, where you'll discover the option to Invite Anyone in your Friends List. Share this link with anyone and they'll join your game's session!
Q. I've changed my plans. How do I cancel my registration?
A. Just return to the registration page for your game by inserting your appID at the end of this URL https://partner.steamgames.com/optin/sale/remoteplaytogether/<appid> and deselect the checkbox at the very bottom of the page to remove your game from the event.