We’ve introduced some tools with the goal of providing valuable information to Steam users about your game.
Reviews are used to provide information to users on how 3rd party organizations have thought about your game. These usually include a review score, a detailed written review of the game, and potentially some marketing quotes from the organization that you want to highlight for your game.
Adding a review is not mandatory, but some developers find it useful in marketing their game.Steps to Add a review score
Review are configured from your store page Description tab.
Information for a review includes the Organization Name, the URL link to the review, the review score (you can leave this blank if you want), an approved marketing quote, and the language for the quote. (You can localize the quote in other languages)Some guidelines:
- Reviews should be accurate and you should have permission to post them
- Quotes should be relatively short (Ideally 1 or 2 short sentences)
- Quotes should be localized where possible
Visibility on Steam
Reviews appear directly below the "Recent Events and Announcements" section and above the "About this game" section.
Awards are used to provide information to users on any significant awards that your game has received.
Adding an award is not mandatory, but some developers find it useful in marketing their game.
Steps to Add an Award
Awards are configured from your store page Description tab.
Award information can include text or images. You can configure the information using BBCode similar to your game description
- Awards should be accurate.
- Include the most important awards. Usually 1-5 awards is enough. Any more makes it confusing for users. The Awards section is collapsed as a default and can be expanded by the user.
- Awards should be localized where possible
Visibility on Steam
Awards appear directly below the Share and Embed section on the right hand side of your Steam page