If you are looking for all Steam asset specs, please see Asset Overview
Many of the major events on Steam, including regular curated promotions, feature specific sizes of artwork that are unique to those promotional spaces.
You can access the full photoshop templates and details here:
Many of these assets you can create yourself with your own design teams. Please send them to Valve with at least a week lead time so we can give you feedback and for our localization team to have time. We always translate Steam banners into 26+ languages.
These are requirements when sending assets:
- **All assets must be under 5MB**
- A layered Photoshop (PSD) files
- Main game/character art in highest resolution possible (smart object preferred). Doing so allows us to re-use these assets to create other Steam promotional art when necessary
- Logo (smart object preferred) separated from the art
- Any text should be editable in a separate “text” folder within the PSD document, so that it may be easily localized by our team.
- Any fonts used (especially custom fonts)
- For animated assets, please also provide a seamless looping MP4 and PNG sequence without the text and logo. Any text should not be animated so it may be easily localized by our team.
- Aim to have animations around 3 to 5 seconds in length. This helps keep final file size down for display on Steam. All final exported files must remain under 5MB.
- Try to make your animation slow, and not jarring to the eye. The animation should feel ambient.
- Aim to make a seamless loop with your animation. Please be aware that Steam is set to loop your animation regardless and this function cannot be turned off. A seamless loop is not required, but highly recommended for the best results visually.
- All animated Marketing Messages will be exported as Webm and MP4 files
- All text (other than game or developer logos) that expresses a message to users (e.g. “now available” or “just updated”) must remain editable so that it can be localized:
- Text cannot animate, and no effects can animate over top of text.
- Please do not flatten any text into the background or the animation.
- When exporting your PNG sequence, or MP4 file, be sure to turn off all text layers so that text is not flattened into the background.
- All essential information should fit within the green safe zone indicated in the template, as everything outside this area will get cut off on smaller screen sizes.
- WHAT TO SEND US
- Photoshop files set up with a video timeline containing your art, messaging, and animation PNG Sequence
- A folder containing your entire animation PNG sequence(s).
- If you cannot provide a PNG sequence, an MP4 file of the animation is also acceptable.
- Any unique fonts used, especially custom fonts.
|Pop-up Marketing Messages||570px x 600px||JPG, PNG. MP4 & WebM if animated||Game or update artwork with game logo. Short Call-to-action.|
|Spotlight Banner||306px x 350px||JPG||Game artwork with logo. Text will be laid over the bottom automatically|
|Takeover Banner||1850px x 450px||JPG, PNG. MP4 & WebM if animated||Game or update artwork with game logo. Short Call-to-action.|
|Takeover Mobile Banner||500px x 350px||JPG, PNG. MP4 & WebM if animated||Smaller version of Takeover Banner|
Required if running a Takeover
|Takeunder Banner||940px x 150px||JPG, PNG. MP4 & WebM if animated||Game or update artwork with game logo. Short Call-to-action.|
|Takeunder Mobile Banner||500px x 160px||JPG, PNG. MP4 & WebM if animated||Smaller version of Takeunder Banner|
Required if running a Takeunder
Templates for the above assets are available here: Promo Assets.zip
Pop-up Marketing MessagesUsage:
Steam message pop-up window and on the front page of SteamDesign:
For best results, please make sure the logo is clearly legible, and include a callout to the type of promotion it is (Pre-Purchase, Available Now, Coming Soon, etc.). Price and call-to-action button will automatically appear below the image.Size:
570px x 600px, JPEGVideo Size:
570px x 600px, MP4 & WebM
|Now Available||Weekend Deal||New DLC Available|
| || || |
|Midweek Madness||Just Updated|| |
| || || |
|Pre-Purchase Now||Pre-Load Now|| |
| || || |
|Free Weekend||Free Weekend Followup|| |
Spotlight banners appear near the top of the Steam Home page for specific promotions such as Midweek Madness or Weekend Deals.Design:
Spotlight Banners will automatically have a section rendered over the bottom with the text describing the type of promotion (eg. "Weekend Deal") and the end dates of the promo. The amount of the bottom of the image that may be covered can vary depending on volume of text and/or language. Please refrain from putting key elements in the bottom ¼ of the image. Otherwise, this banner should mostly just focus on your game art and logoSize:
306px x 350px, JPEG
|Spotlight banner||Spotlight Screenshot|
|A blue overlay will cover the bottom area (shown in pink)||Example of the text overlay when shown on the store|
Steam Takeover is used only for the largest of game launches or specific Publisher Sales. This banner appears at the top of the Steam Store home page.Design:
Steam Takeover images should be simple and eye-catching. Typically the singular key piece of artwork that represents your brand and your product logo. This may use feathered edges or may transition to a different solid color if the primary color contrasts too greatly with the standard blue color of the Steam store.Size:
1850px x 450px, PNGVideo Size:
1850px x 450px, MP4 & WebM
Takeover Mobile BannerUsage:
This is a mobile version of the Steam Takeover. It will be shown in browsers less than 500px wide.Design:
Should match the design of the Takeover, but smaller. Use the whole size and fill the space with logo and call-to-action.Size:
500px x 350px, PNGVideo Size:
500px x 350px, MP4 & WebM
Steam Takeunder is used only for some of the largest of game launches or specific Publisher Sales. This banner appears near the top of the Steam Store home page, just below the Main Capsule carousel.Design:
Steam Takeunder images should be simple and eye-catching. Typically the singular key piece of artwork that represents your brand and your product logo. This will be shown as a banner on the page, so you can use the full dimensions of the asset (no feathered edges).Size:
940px x 150px, PNGVideo Size:
940px x 150px, MP4 & WebM
Take-under Mobile BannerUsage:
This is a mobile version of the Steam Takeunder. It will be shown in browsers less than 500px wide.Design:
Should match the design of the Takeunder, but smaller. Use the whole size and fill the space with logo and call-to-action.Size:
500px x 160px, PNGVideo Size:
500px x 160px, MP4 & WebM