Steamworks의 UTM 애널리틱스는 UTM 마케팅 캠페인의 성과에 대한 통찰력 있는 정보를 제공합니다. 귀사는 Steam 상점 페이지의 대상 주소 링크에 UTM 매개변수를 사용할 수 있으며, Steamworks는 해당 링크의 실적에 대한 세부적인 데이터를 제공합니다.
What is UTM?
UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) is an industry standard approach to measuring whether specific links in your marketing campaigns are being clicked by customers. A link using UTM has specifically named parameters following the link's destination address. These parameters make it clear which link was clicked when a customer visits the destination address. For more background on UTM, see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTM_parameters
Steamworks는 이제 고객이 게임의 상점 페이지를 방문할 때 사용된 UTM 매개변수를 기록합니다. Steamworks의 대시보드에 표시되는 UTM 정보를 통해 귀사의 캠페인 성과를 평가할 수 있습니다.
보고서는 세 부분, 즉 총 트래픽 및 전환율 요약, 시간에 따른 총 트래픽과 전환율을 보여주는 그래프, 그리고 UTM 매개변수의 고유한 조합의 실적을 각각 자세히 보여주는 분석표로 이루어집니다. 여러분은 분석표에서 특정 UTM 매개변수를 표시하도록 필터링하거나, 데이터를 .csv 파일로 다운로드할 수 있습니다.
고객의 개인정보 보호를 위해, 제공되는 모든 정보는 개인정보가 포함되지 않은 요약본 형태입니다. 이를 통해 캠페인의 성과를 파악하는 동시에 고객 개인정보를 보호할 수 있습니다. Steam이 고객 개인정보를 보호하는 자세한 방법은 다음과 같습니다.
- Steam ID 또는 기타 개인 정보는 보고서에 포함하거나 사용하지 않습니다.
- 방문자 및 전환 데이터를 총횟수로만 제공합니다.
- 고유 UTM 매개변수 조합을 위한 최소 방문자 수에 도달하지 않으면 고유 UTM 매개변수 조합 데이터는 보고서에 표시되지 않습니다.
- 사용자의 브라우저 및 쿠키 설정에 따라 추적 데이터가 제공되지 않을 수 있습니다.
Required Steamworks Permissions
게임의 '마케팅 트래픽 데이터 보기' 권한이 있는 Steamworks 계정만 UTM 애널리틱스 보고서에 접근할 수 있습니다.
Four types of visits are tracked for UTM Analytics:
- Total Visits: The total number of visits to your product page that had a UTM code attached to the URL.
- Total Trusted Visits: A subset of Total Visits, excluding bot traffic and search crawlers.
- Tracked Visits: The total number of visits to your product page for which users were also logged in.
- Tracked Trusted Visits: A subset of Tracked Visits, excluding traffic that exhibit abnormal behavior.
Tracked Trusted Visits: Sometimes traffic to Steam exhibits abnormal patterns which leads us to assume it is not from a legitimate user. In cases where traffic looks illegitimate, it is not counted as part of the conversion rate for wishlists, purchases or activations. You can choose see all traffic, including non-trusted, on the UTM Analytics page.
When users visit your store page via a UTM link and log in to Steam, Steamworks increments the "Tracked Visits" count and also reports on conversions by those users.
The types of conversions reported are:
- Wishlist: customer added your game to their wishlist
- Purchase: customer purchased your game
- Activation: customer installed your free-to-play game, or redeemed a key to acquire the game
For the above actions, Steam will count it as an conversion if the user takes that action within 72 hours of clicking through your UTM link, even if they visit other pages in between.
Here's an example of a link to a Steam store page with properly formatted UTM parameters.
If that link was clicked by customers 20 times, the UTM Analytics report for App ID 480 would show 20 visits in the "Total Visits" column for that unique combination of utm_source, utm_campaign, and utm_medium.
The report also shows 6 of the 20 visits were by customers signed in to Steam. Steamworks attributed 2 wishlist additions, and 1 purchase, to the 6 "Tracked Visits".
UTM Analytics in Steamworks is already enabled for your game. Here's how to get started.
Viewing the report
You can access the UTM dashboard via a tab in the Marketing & Visibility section for your game. If you don't see the UTM Analytics tab, check if you have the "View Marketing Traffic Data" permission for the game as that permission is required.
Creating a link
Links with UTM parameters are recorded by Steam if the following criteria is met:
The complete list of supported UTM parameters is:
There are two ways to evaluate the data reported by UTM Analytics
- The graph of data over time, and the breakdown table which supports filtering and sorting
- Download the data as a .csv file for use in the analytics tool of your choice
Testing a link
A tool to test if your link is valid is available on the UTM report via the "Test a Link" button. It's also a good idea to test links in a web browser. Note: visit counts on the UTM dashboard are updated hourly. Conversions are finalized 4 days after the visit.
자주 묻는 질문
질문: Steam이 UTM 애널리틱스를 제공하는 이유는 무엇인가요?
답: This was built in response to the frequent requests from game developers for UTM reporting tools in Steamworks.
질문: 내 마케팅 캠페인의 UTM 방문자 수가 보이지 않는 이유는 무엇인가요?
답: Here are some possible reasons:
- Your Steamworks account does not have the "View Marketing Traffic Data" permission. For account permission information, please see Managing Your Steamworks Account > Group Permissions
- If your campaign just started you may need to wait for the UTM dashboard to refresh. Visit counts refresh hourly.
- We exclude showing unique UTM parameter combinations in the breakdown table when visits for those combinations do not meet minimum thresholds.
- There may be an issue with the link. Use the "Test a UTM Link" tool (available via a button on UTM Dashboard) to check if your link meets reporting requirements.
질문: '추적 방문자 수'란 무엇인가요?
답: Tracked visits are by users who logged into
Steam in the browser where they opened the UTM link. Only tracked visits are eligible for conversion (wishlist, purchase, activation) reporting.
질문: 고객이 내 상품 목록과 다른 게임을 구매한 경우에도 전환으로 기록되나요?
답: Only a wishlist, purchase, or activation of the same App ID used in the UTM link will currently be considered a conversion. We hope to expand on our conversion insights to include scenarios like this.
질문: 고객이 게임의 체험판이나 DLC를 다운로드해도 전환으로 기록되나요?
답: Demo and DLC downloads which do not include the base game are not currently included as conversions for UTM links to the base game page. If a DLC package includes the base game it will be counted as a conversion.
질문: 게임 내 구매를 통한 전환도 추적이 되나요?
답: We do not currently report conversion for in-game purchases.
질문: CD 키 또는 Steam 소매점 키를 통한 전환도 추적이 되나요?
답: Yes, these conversions are tracked in the "Activations" section of the UTM Dashboard.
질문: 구독, 큐레이터, 꾸러미 등 다른 커뮤니티 및 상점 페이지에도 UTM 애널리틱스가 지원되나요?
A. At this time only app pages are supported. We hope to expand support for additional page types in the future.
질문: 상점 페이지 방문 시 연령 확인 절차가 나와도 UTM 링크가 기록되나요?
A. Yes, the UTM click event is recorded for the app when the age gate page is shown. Customers who decide to stop at the age gate are still recorded as having clicked the UTM link.
질문: 어떤 기기가 지원되나요?
A. Any device with a modern browser capable of showing the Steam store is supported. This includes mobile devices and tablets. We do not currently display which types of devices customers are using when they visit the store page via a UTM link click. If a user signs in to Steam on their mobile device where they clicked the UTM link, then subsequently makes a wishlist or purchase on a computer we will recognize that as a conversion.
질문: 왜 총방문자 수가 타사가 보고한 숫자와 다른가요?
A. There can be a difference in the total visits reported by Steam and a 3rd party as Steam increments the total visits anytime the customer visits the link with UTM params on the URL. Examples include if customers share the Store page link w/UTM parameters for others to click, or visit the link using their browser history. We're evaluating how we measure total visits and will update this documentation if there are changes.
질문: UTM을 이용하여 '제휴 프로그램'을 만들거나 플레이어에게 보상해도 되나요?
A: An affiliate program is where someone receives something of value in exchange for promoting your game. Steam does not offer an affiliate marketing program, but some developers have asked about creating their own by handling compensation outside of Steam and using UTM to track actions. We would caution against using UTM parameters to create your own affiliate or reward program, as such programs are susceptible to abuse by customers by holding purchases long enough to receive your reward, and then refunding those purchases. This can be difficult to prevent because the UTM report does not:
- Reveal which purchases belong to which UTM parameters, only the total number of purchases for each unique set of UTM parameters
- Adjust totals for refunds occurring 4 days or later after the UTM visit. We consider the UTM visit fully processed at 4 days.
If you are still interested in creating your own affiliate program using UTM links to your Steam store page, here are some rules to keep in mind:
- Follow all applicable legal requirements. Note that legal requirements may vary by country.
- Require from anyone who participates in your affiliate program that they disclose this fact to their audience.
- Do not advertise affiliate programs on your game’s store page.